Let Freedom Ring! Five (5) Weekend Activities to Enjoy in Little Rock.
Bring your family and friends together in celebration of our Nation’s Independence by attending some of the local festivities. You can experience history, entertainment, and good food without having to travel far from home.
- Little Rock Farmer’s Market will be open this weekend from 7AM to 3PM for you to shop for farm fresh produce straight from the consumer’s backyard. Who doesn’t love fresh ripe fruits and vegetables? You can also visit their Facebook Page to get great tips and recipes at https://www.facebook.com/LRFarmersMarket/
- Experience a taste of history right here in the Rock! The Historic Arkansas Museum “Frontier 4th of July” will be having FREE activities and entertainment for everyone to enjoy from July 2nd thru July 4th . Sip on fresh lemonade while enjoying live period music, living history performances, and crafts. Eat some delicious ripe watermelon while watching the old time pioneer parade and playing pioneer games. Oh did I mention this is a FREE eventIf you’re in the mood for a ballpark hotdog and cold beer catch the Travs vs. Midland at Dickey Stephens Park. Ride the Trolley to the park after enjoying the activities in the Little Rock River Market. There will be special entertainment, concessions, and you can enjoy the fireworks from the stands after the game.
- July 4th experience the “33rd Annual Pops on the River” will also be held at The River Market District & First Security Amphitheater. Festivities will begin at 11AM with many activities including a classic car show and other entertainment. Tantalize your taste buds and get your bellies full with the local array of food trucks. Don’t forget to bring a blanket or chair and hang around for the fun in the evening with live music featuring The Big Dam Horns. Then celebrate the ending of the day with a beautiful fireworks display while listening to the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra. If you would like a reserved seat you can purchase them via https://www.facebook.com/events/859652170844943
- If you have not visited the Clinton Library July 4th is the perfect day. If you want a break from the heat and want to stay cool in the air condition this is a fun place to retreat. In celebration of Independence Day admission is FREE and you can also see “American Champions: The Quest for Olympic Glory”. This traveling exhibit will be at the library until September 11, 2016. You can also check out their digital library and other scheduled events via their website at www.clintonlibrary.gov
- If you’re in the mood for a ballpark hotdog and cold beer catch the Travs vs. Midland at Dickey Stephens Park. Ride the Trolley to the park after enjoying the activities in the Little Rock River Market. There will be special entertainment, concessions, and you can enjoy the fireworks from the stands after the game.
We hope you enjoy your 4th of July while making memories by diving into some good eats, learning a bit of history, and shopping local in Little Rock, AR. Remember to check out your local firework ordinance for policies in your area prior to igniting fireworks. We wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July. If you want to share other fun activities taking place with others please comment!