Fall harvests bring a bounty of delicious produce to farmers markets and grocery stores across Arkansas every year. To help you utilize these items to the fullest, we have compiled a list of delicious recipes to highlight each fruit, vegetable, and nut. From pears to pumpkins, carrots to cranberries, here are the best ways to prepare the foods in season for fall!
Gin, rum, and bourbon are all here! Invite some friends over to your luxurious apartment to enjoy these fall cocktails, featuring cranberries, pomegranates, and tangerines.
- Cranberries: Cranberry Hot Toddy with Gin and Mint
- Pomegranates: Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- Tangerines: Honey Bourbon Cocktail
Fall Snacks & Appetizers
The perfect complement to a fall cocktail is a warm, delicious snack or appetizer! If you’re not a big kale or mushroom fan, these recipes are about to change your mind.
Many of these fall salads would make strong main dishes, depending on how hungry you are. Perhaps the golden child of this category, the “Ultimate Fall Salad” includes brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, and pomegranates – all superfoods that will be in season from September to November.
- Beets: Roasted Beet Salad
- Cabbage: The Ultimate Fall Salad
- Spinach: Spinach Salad with Smoked Chicken, Apple, Walnuts, and Bacon
- Tomatoes: The Mothership Tomato Salad
When the weather starts to get colder, soup is going to start sounding better and better. You can warm up with these classic soups that feature some of the best foods in season for fall. All you need to complete the meal is some toasty buttered bread.
Fall vegetables make perfect side dishes, especially in the South! For example, you will find a recipe for collard greens that will work perfectly with some cornbread and fried chicken. Or you can try taking the brussels sprouts recipe to this year’s Thanksgiving dinner. But, we’ve also included some healthier options, like cauliflower rice, that you can really make your own.
- Brussels Sprouts: Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower Rice (or Couscous)
- Collard Greens: Classic Southern Collard Greens
- Green Beans: Green Bean Bundles with Bacon and Brown Sugar
- Swiss Chard: Sautéed Swiss Chard with Garlic and Lemon
- Parsnips, Rutabaga, Squash, and Turnips: Roasted Autumn Vegetables
From the healthy-ish to the not-healthy-at-all, desserts made from foods in season for fall are sure to make you feel warm and cozy inside. What’s great about fall desserts is that they often feature multiple seasonal items. Think about it, what’s an autumn-themed pie if it doesn’t have pecans?
- Apples: Baked Apples with Granola
- Carrots: Classic Carrot Cake
- Pears: Pear Claflouti
- Pecans: Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet Potato Soufflé
All these fall recipes can be found on our Pinterest board. Check it out and re-pin them to your own boards! If you have any recipes to share, feel free to post them in the comments.