Looking for a pet-friendly apartment community in Little Rock? You just found it. Here at Bowman Pointe, we love pets and want them to feel at home here, too!
As you prepare to move here with a pet, or start thinking about getting a pet, it’s important to make sure your pet will fit in here. That naturally leads to questions about our pet policy, and we are here to answer them all.
What Pets Are Allowed?
Under the Bowman Pointe pet policy, the following types of pets are allowed:
- Guinea Pigs
Is My Dog Allowed?
Dogs of aggressive breeds are not allowed here at Bowman Pointe. This includes, but is not limited to, the following breeds:
- American Strafford Terrier
- Bull Terrier
- Chow Chow
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd
- Giant Schnauzer
- Neapolitan Mastiff
- Pit Bull
- Presa Canario
- Rhodesian Ridgeback
Any mixed-breed dogs with the characteristics of any breed listed above are also prohibited.
What Are Your Pet Fees?
When moving into our apartment community with a pet, or adding a pet to your existing household, there are pet fees that need to be paid upfront.
Here, we have broken these fees down according to pet type:
- Dogs and Cats – Pets weighing 0 to 35 pounds will require a $300 non-refundable pet fee. Pets weighing 36 to 50 pounds will require a $500 non-refundable pet fee. Pets weighing more than 50 pounds are not permitted. Pets that are not fully grown will require proof from a veterinarian stating that your pet is expected to be no larger than 50 pounds. There is also an additional $40, one-time DNA fee for dogs.
- Birds – Birds larger than 5 inches require a $300 non-refundable fee.
- Fish – Aquariums over 20 gallons require a $300 non-refundable fee.
- Hamsters, Gerbils, Etc. – No fees are required.
How Much Is Pet Rent?
After the initial pet fees, a monthly pet rent will be also be charged to your account.
Each pet incurs a $25 monthly pet rent fee. There is a maximum of two pets per household, or $50 per month.
What Information Do I Need to Register My Pet?
Whether you are a new applicant or a current resident, our team needs several pieces of information to approve your pet before they can live with you here at Bowman Pointe.
In addition to supplying your pet’s name, breed, color, weight, etc., the following documents will be required:
- A photo of your pet
- A copy of veterinary records for your pet, including appropriate vaccinations
Once these documents have been verified and your pet approved, you will also sign a Pet Addendum to your Lease Agreement.
Do You Have a Dog Park?
Yes! We do have a dog park, and we call it the “Bowman Pointe Bark Park.” It has a water fountain, agility course, tunnels, and rolling hills perfect for running and playing.
For your convenience, we have included the Bark Park rules from our pet policy below:
- Use park at your own risk.
- Owners are always legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s).
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately with the pet waste bags provided.
- Owners must accompany their pet while in the park.
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately.
- Dogs should be under voice control.
- All dogs must have current rabies and other vaccines as required by local law and wear a visible dog license.
- Agility equipment is for dog use only.
- The park gate must always remain closed.
- 2 dogs maximum per resident are allowed in the park.
- No dogs of guests are allowed in the park.
- No sick dogs are allowed in the park.
- No female dogs in heat are allowed in the park.
- No puppies under four months of age are allowed in the park.
- No people food allowed in the park.
- No glass containers are allowed in the park.
- No spike or choke collars can be used.
- No parties, showers or large gatherings will be allowed at the park unless it is a management-sponsored event. The violation fee is $300.
Do You Accept Assistance Animals?
Of course, we do!
Assistance animals, service animals, or emotional support animals are not considered pets. As an Equal Housing Opportunity provider, we abide by all fair housing laws and accommodate assistance animals no matter their breed, size, weight, etc.
Pet fees will be waived in the event you have an assistance animal, but we will need copies of the same documents required for pets. We will also require your physician to complete a form confirming your need for an assistance animal in your home.
Any Other Pet Rules I Should Know?
We take safety seriously here at Bowman Pointe, and our pet rules reflects that.
For example, no animals (including mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, and insects) can visit – even temporarily – in a resident’s apartment without being registered with Bowman Pointe management and having a pet agreement executed.
There a few more rules you should know, depending on the type of pet you have. These rules have been included below.
Dogs and Cats
- All dogs and cats must be housebroken.
- Residents must immediately remove pet waste from the grounds. If pet waste is found and tests positive to identify a pet, fines will be charged to the pet owner for up to three offenses. If there is fourth offense, the pet owner’s lease contract with Bowman Pointe will be terminated.
- Pets may not be left unattended on patio/balconies.
- Pets with a bite history will be prohibited.
- Cats must have an appropriate litter box and litter must be double bagged in plastic prior to disposal in the exterior garbage container. Please do not dispose of litter in toilets even if the litter is labeled “flushable.”
- Dogs and cats must always be kept on a leash when outside your apartment.
Birds must always remain in cages.
Aquariums over 10 gallons require proof of renter’s insurance. Aquariums may not exceed 50 gallons and must be placed in a safe location in your apartment.
Hamsters, Gerbils & Guinea Pigs
Hamsters, gerbils, and guinea pigs must always remain in cages.
Any Other Questions?
Do you have a question we didn’t answer here? Send us an email or give us call at 501.725.9055 to learn more about our pet policy.
PS: Our pet policy is part of the Resident Handbook, an addendum to the Lease Agreement that every resident signs before moving in.