Spring is finally here and plenty of great produce is coming back to life in Arkansas. You can expect to see more greens and more herbs every time you visit a grocery store or farmer’s market. To help you embrace all the foods in season for Spring, we have compiled a delicious list of recipes you need to try. What are you waiting for? Start making good use of your beautiful kitchen and get cooking!
Gin, rum, and tequila will become your best friends when paired with mint, pineapple, and strawberries. All are in season for Spring! It’s time to start mixing…
Spring Snacks & Appetizers
Spring calls for healthy snacks, and we have got you covered. But, Spring also calls for treating yourself after a freezing Winter. So, obviously, we can cover you there, too. Whatever you’re craving, here are some tasty recipes that utilize the best of foods in season for spring.
- Artichokes: Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Broccoli: Broccoli Cheese Tots
- Chives, Parsley, and Spring Vegetables: Ranch Dip with Vegetables
- Spring Peas: Spring Pea Hummus
All kinds of crisp and delicious lettuces come to life during spring. We’re salivating just thinking about it. Aren’t, you? Go create the perfect salad for lunch or dinner with these simple, seasonal recipes.
- Arugula & Fennel: Arugula, Radicchio & Fennel Salad
- Asparagus, Fava Beans & Mint: Fava Bean & Asparagus Salad
- Lettuce: Baked Goat Cheese with Spring Lettuce Salad
- Radishes: Spring Salad with Radishes and Fresh Herbs
With so many amazing herbs being in season for Spring, it would be a waste not to include them in some main dishes. You can make your meals take you to the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, or anywhere in between. Trust us, these recipes will taste like Spring Break in your mouth.
- Arugula & Mushrooms: Mushroom, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Coconut: Coconut Shrimp
- Pineapple: Pressure Cooker Pork Tacos with Pineapple
- Rosemary, Sage, & Thyme: Herb-Roasted Whole Chicken
- Tomatillos: Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
- Tip: You can shred the herb-roasted chicken above for this recipe!
Spring Side Dishes
For Spring, your side dishes should be full of wonderful green colors and yummy textures. With Easter on the way, we all know that asparagus becomes quite popular. And, of course, bunnies love turnips. Go ahead and embrace the foods that are in season during Spring with these warm main dish compadres.
- Asparagus: Asparagus Prosciutto Bundles
- Cauliflower & Green Onions: Herbed Cauliflower Rice
- Greens: Simple Lemony Spring Greens
- Snap Peas & Mint: Blistered Snap Peas with Mint
- Turnips & Parsley: Glazed Turnips
With strawberries in season, it’s the perfect time to try new desserts. If you don’t want to splurge right before summer, you can substitute some of the sugar and butter with honey, agave, olive oil, or applesauce. We promise these recipes will taste just as good either way. Just remember – if you make the pies below – to trash your rhubarb leaves, as they are poisonous!
- Pineapple: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Rhubarb: Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies
- Strawberries: Chilled Strawberry Soup
All these spring recipes can be seen on our Pinterest board. Find your favorites and re-pin them to your own boards. We would love to see your attempts at trying these recipes in your apartment home. So, share your stories on social media with the hashtag #BowmanPointeLiving.