Between the farmers market meals of Fall and the sweet treats of Spring, you might think there isn’t much to look forward to about Winter other than the holidays. On the contrary, there are quite a few foods in season for winter that make for amazing eating.
Peas, pecans, parsnips, and so many of their friends will taste incredible in the recipes we found for Winter. Explore what’s in store for you below!
Looking for something warm or something sweet to sip this winter? We found the best cocktail recipes to do the trick. We love that citrus fruits like clementines, grapefruit, and mandarin oranges are all foods in season for winter. Hot or cold, they taste great in cocktails!
- Clementines: Clementine Collins
- Honey & Lemon: Honey Bourbon Toddy
- Grapefruit, Mandarin Oranges, Lemon & Mint: Winter Citrus Sangria
Winter Snacks & Appetizers
Have you ever had beet fries? Sounds interesting, right? Beets are in season for winter, along with a ton of tasty greens. So, next time you head to the grocery store, pick out a few fresh vegetables and make these yummy winter appetizers.
- Beets: Crispy Oven-Roasted Beets with Herbed Yogurt Dip
- Fennel & Kale: Kale Tarts with Fennel and Olives
- Winter Greens: Spanish Tortilla Bites with Winter Greens and Garlic
When you get a cold, or the flu, doesn’t a bowl of soup sound like the perfect remedy? So many people fall ill during winter that it made for than enough sense for us to ditch the salad recipes for warm winter soups like these.
- Carrots & Parsnips: Carrot-Parsnip Soup with Parsnip Chips
- Peas: Bacon and Split Pea Soup
- Winter Squash: Hearty (Vegan!) Spiced Winter Squash Soup
- Winter Squash & Bok Choy: Winter Squash Soup with Sticky Rice and Sesame Bok Choy
Winter always calls for big holiday meals, heartily-piled plates, and coma-inducing cooking. But once the holidays are over, there’s more you can learn to love with so many foods in season for winter. From carnivore-central steak with horseradish sauce to vegetarian-friendly mushroom risotto, here are some winter recipes to keep you feeling cozy until Spring.
- Bok Choy: Stir-Fried Beef and Bok Choy with Ginger
- Green Onions & Horseradish: Marinated Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce
- Horseradish & Winter Greens: Pan-Fried Scallops with Winter Greens
- Mushrooms: Winter Mushroom Risotto
- Winter Squash & Greens: Fettucini with Balsamic Delicata Squash & Bitter Greens
Winter Side Dishes
Sure, most winter dishes can be served up with some mashed potatoes, bread, or beans. But, why not spice up your sides with roasted radishes or sweet sunchokes? We invite you to try something new with these amazing flavor combinations the Internet has to offer.
- Beets & Radishes: Roasted Beets and Radishes with Goat Cheese
- Fava Beans: Fava Bean Scafata
- Sunchokes: Sunchoke-Kale Hash with Farro
- Winter Greens: Crush Red Potatoes with Winter Greens
From fruitcake that isn’t revolting to a rhubarb compote you can put on pretty much anything, winter has foods in season that make for some decadent desserts. We didn’t even know chocolate soup was a thing until we started finding these recipes!
- Mint: Mint Chocolate Dessert Soup
- Pecans: The Best Damn Fruitcake Ever
- Rhubarb: Honey-Sweetened Vanilla Bean Rhubarb Compote
- Winter Citrus: Winter Citrus Upside-Down Cake
All these Winter recipes can also be found on our Pinterest board. Find your favorites and re-pin them to share them with your friends! Once you prepare a recipe, share it on social media with the hashtag #BowmanPointeLiving. We might even share your skills on our own account!